Welcome to IARI Alumni Association
"Our mission is to advance knowledge and understanding in the field of agriculture"
Before IARI became a 'Deemed to-be University', up to 1957, students numbering 903 were awarded Associateship of IARI, which was recognized as equivalent to the M.Sc. degree of Indian universities. The Institute has, till February 2011, awarded Ph.D. degrees to 4150 students and M.Sc. degrees to 3237 students. In addition to the students from all parts of the country, 300 students from foreign countries have also received their degrees from the Institute. The Institute has also imparted training in specialized areas of agricultural sciences through training programmes funded by the ICAR, DBT, DST and other organizations.
A large number of persons have received training at IARI in areas like agricultural physics, microbiology, molecular science, plant pathology, soil science, and water science and technology. The Institute has introduced Best Faculty Awards for excellence in teaching. 82 scientists of the Institute have been awarded the Best Faculty Awards till 2011 for their untiring efforts in improving the teaching in different subjects. These awards have motivated the faculty to improve the teaching. The courses are regularly reviewed and updated and world class library and laboratory facilities are provided. These efforts are reflected in the success of IARI students who invariably comprise the bulk of the candidates selected through national competitions. IARI students almost always occupy the top positions in merit lists.
Aims and Objectives
To promote and foster mutually beneficial interaction between the Alumni and the present students of the IARI and between the Alumni themselves. To encourage the formation of Chapters as a means to increase participation of Alumni.
- To encourage the Alumni to take an active and abiding interest in the work and progress of the Institute so as to contribute towards enhancement of the social utility of their Alma Mater.
- To organize and establish scholarship funds to help the needy and deserving students.
- To Institute prizes and awards for outstanding project work, research papers or other professional activity by the students of the Institute; also to suitably recognize outstanding social and community service by the Alumni and the students.
- To undertake to organise activities of a civic or charitable nature as also to increase public awareness of the role of technology in value addition in the economic and social development of the nation.
- To acquire, purchase or otherwise own or taken on lease or hire in the Union Territory of Delhi or elsewhere in Indian temporarily or permanently any movable or immovable property necessary or convenient for the furtherance of the objects of the Association.
- To invest and deal with the funds and moneys of the Association.
- To do all such other lawful things as are conductive or incidental to the attainment of the above objectives and/or beneficial to the interests of the Institute and its Alumni.
- To take advantage of developing technologies like the internet in achieving the aims and objects of the Association.